Curse of Strahd is D&D 5th edition adaption of the 1983 Ravenloft module for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and one of the most well regarded modules of all time. I dove head first into Barovia and the tale of the vampire Strahd Von Zarovich as a Dungeon Master in the fall of last year.
With the game now nearing completion I wanted to share some resources that I found helpful for any DMs thinking about venturing into the mists. Feel free to post or reach out with any questions or if you know the sources for anything I’ve marked as “Unknown”!
- Curse of Strahd Subreddit – A dedicated and very active subreddit entirely devoted to Curse of Strahd. Two guides developed by members I found particularly detailed and helpful:
- Player Character Backgrounds by Unknown
Monster Stat Blocks
- Strahd’s Brides by u/DragnaCarta
- The Monster of Lake Zarovich by u/F4RM3RR
- Werewolf Alpha by /u/StoneStrix
- Amber Temple Beholder by IndieRex; a mix and match of different beholder stat blocks to serve as a guardian to the vault. As a warning this may be too much depending on your party and how close to RAW you run the Amber Temple (I took a lot of liberties with it myself)
Props and Misc
- Festival of the Blazing Sun Poster by u/doubleg316
- Hag Verbal Components by u/FatChalupa
- Discourse of Strahd by u/JadeRavens
DMGuild and Patreon Resources
I don’t know the creators or profit in any way if you buy these, but wanted to share in case you’re interested!
- Adventurer’s League by Wizards of the Coast
- Darker Gifts (Pay what you want) by Igor Moreno
- Wine Labels (Pay what you want) by Carl Huber
- Interactive Tome of Strahd (Pay what you want) by The Aviduous Adventurer
- The Wedding at Ravenloft by Wyatt Trull
- Castle Ravenloft Realistic Maps by Jon Pintar
- Art of Curse of Strahd Locations by James’ RPG Art